Discover the authentic Mexican cuisine at these culinary landmarks. Try a mouth-watering tiradito tuna in a crust of grasshoppers in vibrant Mexico City. Have a taste of local artisanal cheeses paired with superb Mexican wines in a redesigned 19th Century mansion. Sip on crafted cocktails that were inspired in the dreams of preeminent women, and learn to cook mole poblano from scratch using traditional utensils at a talavera kitchen in historic Puebla.
Experience of a Lifetime
Day By Day
- Arrive at Mexico City International Airport
- Transfer to Pug Seal Hotel (3 Nights)
- Cantina La No. 20 Tasting Menu
- Temazcal Ritual & Massage at Pug Seal Hotel
- Transfer to Puebla
- Check in to El Sueno Hotel & Spa (3 nights)
- Story-Telling & Famous Feminine Inspired Cocktails at El Sueno
- Cinco de Mayo Tasting Menu at El Mural de los Poblanos
- Traditional Poblano Cooking Class and Meal at Mesón Sacristía
- Mexican Wine and Cheese Pairing at La Purificadora
- Transfer back to Mexico City International Airport (2-hour drive from Puebla)
Whats not Included
- International Airfare into Mexico
- Local transportation when exploring on your own. We recommend asking your hotel to recommend the best mode of transportation depending on your destination.
- Tips for Experiences
- Meals and activities not indicated on your itinerary
Starting from $2900, 3N Mexico City, 3N Puebla (7D/6N)
Your Suggested Itinerary:
Tasting Menu at Cantina La No. 20
Sink your teeth into Mexican culture, literally and figuratively. The stylish Cantina La No. 20, located in the posh Polanco district of Mexico City, offers a tasting menu to delight all the senses. Feast on contemporary yet traditional dishes that will bring Mexican culture to life.
Temazcal Ritual & Massage at Pug Seal Boutique B&B, Polanco
In an oasis in the center of Mexico’s capital, indulge in the purifying, pre-Hispanic ritual known as a Temazcal. Inside Pug Seal’s garden, enter this hot steam bath of hot volcanic stones and healing herbs. Finish the ritual with your choice of massage in the modern spa.
Storytelling & Famous Female-Inspired Cocktails at El Sueño Hotel & Spa
In the cozy reading room lined with books, listen to the secrets and most cherished dreams of preeminent women like Frida Kahlo, Tamara de Lempika, Dolores del Río, La Güera Rodríguez, Tina Modotti, and other visionary feminine figures. Sip on the cocktail of your choice, each crafted with ingredients and flavors that were loved by these women.
Cinco de Mayo Tasting Menu at El Mural de los Poblanos Restaurant
Cinco de Mayo, the pivotal day Mexico unexpectedly defeated French invaders, serves as inspiration to this surprising tasting menu. Each traditionally Pueblan course is matched with a local beverage including mezcal, pulque and Mexican wine.
Traditional Poblano Cooking Class at Mesón Sacristía de la Compania
Learn the art of cooking the most traditional Poblano dishes. Start in the bustling market to shop for local ingredients. Prepare a meal in the authentic talavera kitchen of Mesón de la Sacristía, a secluded, 19th century mansion located right in the heart of Puebla’s historic center.
Mexican Wine & Local Cheese Pairing at Hotel Purificadora
Slip into 16th Century Puebla for an evening. Relax in a Franciscan convent that has been restored as part of Hotel Purificadora, one of the most avant-garde hotels in Puebla. Enjoy a tasting of local cheeses paired with an exquisite bottle of Mexican wine.