Discover the history behind these iconic properties nestled between volcanic sceneries, corn landscapes, and a vibrant Capital city. Listen to the bells toll while you taste local artisanal cheese paired with Mexican wine in the most avant-garde hotel in Puebla and sample four different types of moles served on a talavera plate like the one you will learn to create in a baroque yet contemporary mansion. Experience life, art and endemic dishes in the historic haciendas of the corn kingdom, and indulge like a local in a cantina tasting menu in Polanco, a neighborhood sprinkled with Spanish colonial facades.
Experience of a Lifetime
Day by Day
- Arrive at Mexico City International Airport (MEX)
- Private transfer to Pug Seal Hotel
- Checkin to Pug Seal Hotel
- Tasting Menu at Cantina La 20
- Private transfer to Tlaxcala (3.5 hours)
- Checkin to Hacienda Soltepec
- Kingdom of the Corn Art & Gastronomy (Day 1): Private Art Gallery Tour & Cocktails at Hacienda Santa Barbara
- Kingdom of the Corn Art & Gastronomy (Day 2): History of the Corn Tasting Menu at Hacienda Soltepec
- Private transfer to Historical Center of Puebla City (1 hour)
- Checkin to Hotel Purificadora
- Wine and Cheese Pairing at Hotel Purificadora
- Celestial Tasting Menu and Wine Pairing at Casa de los Muñecos Restaurante
- Talavera Art Workshop and Pueblan Tasting Menu at Casa Reyna
- Private transfer to Mexico City International Airport
Please note that this brief itinerary includes accommodations, key activities, and transfers. Feel free to add specific details or make any necessary adjustments based on your preferences and travel arrangements.
What's not included
- International Airfare into Mexico
- Local transportation when exploring on your own. We recommend asking your hotel to recommend the best mode of transportation depending on your destination.
- Tips for Experiences
- Meals and activities not indicated on your itinerary
Your Suggested Itinerary:
Tasting Menu at Cantina La No. 20
Sink your teeth into Mexican culture, literally and figuratively. The stylish Cantina La No. 20, located in the posh Polanco district of Mexico City, offers a tasting menu to delight all the senses. Feast on contemporary yet traditional dishes that will bring Mexican culture to life.
The Kingdom of Corn: Art & Gastronomy at Hacienda Soltepec
Corn: Arguably the most important ingredient in Mexico is the inspiration behind everything in Tlaxcala from art to history to gastronomy. The friendly and hospitable owners of Hacienda Soltepec will take you on a two-day journey around their stunning estates. Visit an art gallery with the artist herself, climb to the roof of a historical chapel for a sunset drink, learn how to make a tortilla from start to finish. Cap off the experience with an endemic tasting menu that will leave your taste buds dancing, all at the base of two majestic volcanoes.
Mexican Wine & Local Cheese Pairing at Hotel Purificadora
Slip into 16th Century Puebla for an evening. Relax in a Franciscan convent that has been restored as part of Hotel Purificadora, one of the most avant-garde hotels in Puebla. Enjoy a tasting of local cheeses paired with an exquisite bottle of Mexican wine.
Celestial Baroque Tasting Menu & Mexican Wine Pairing at Restaurante Casa de los Muñecos
In a remarkable, Talavera-tiled 18th Century house, Chef Lolita Zavala infuses passion and heavenly inspiration to create a baroque-style menu. Influenced by traditional Spanish and Mexican ingredients, these flavorful dishes are paired exquisitely with regional wines.
Talavera Art Workshop & Poblano Tasting Menu at Boutique Hotel Casareyna
Bring a 16th century tradition into the contemporary world! Delve into the fascinating process of creating a Talavera de la Reyna piece from scratch. After the workshop, indulge in a delicious and traditional Poblano tasting menu matched with fine regional wines.